Let’s take a break from the Christmas baking and allow me to bring Taco Tuesdays into your life. You are most welcome.
You’ve got a couple of days to plan ahead, do not make the same mistake I did and neglect to make some pink pickled onions (recipe link here) to go atop these tacos. They would both taste delicious and look delightful. Here are my boring, non-pink tacos:
- 2 chicken breasts, poached (I cooked mine in a slow cooker with salt, pepper and a few garlic granules) and shredded
- Buffalo wing sauce (I’d recommend Franks)
- Small tortilla wraps (corn or flour)
- Cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- Blue cheese, cut into small cubes
- Jalapenos or other pickles
- Soured cream
Put the shredded chicken in a bowl and stir in the buffalo sauce. The chicken will absorb a lot of sauce so keep trying it until it is spicy enough for you. Too little and your tacos will be a bit dry.
Load up the tortillas with the cabbage (grated carrot is good here too), chicken, pickles and blue cheese. Drizzle each one with a little more buffalo sauce and some soured cream.
Tuck in with a cold beer and napkins to hand.